Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hello!
My name is Haley Bathiany, although my students call me Mrs. B (too tricky of a name for the little ones). I am 24 years old and I teach in a Central Kentucky town called Lebanon. For the last two years I have taught science, on a cart, to grades 1-5. I made my rounds to each class everyday, teaching science hands on, and I had a blast! With that being said, I am very excited that I will be getting my very own classroom next year. I have been hired as a 4th grade teacher in the same school that I have grown to love so dearly.

Me and my husband Bert
My husband and I are both originally from Fort Thomas, Kentucky, which is the northernmost area in the state. We got married last July and we have a golden retriever named Paisley that is our pride and joy. You may be asking what brought us down south... the asnwer is FOOTBALL. My husband, Bert, is a college football coach. He was hired three years ago to be apart of the staff to start a new football program at Lindsey Wilson College in Columbia, Kentucky. Moving to the country was a HUGE culture shock, but we have adjusted and we are really starting to love the country life style.

Our little girl, Paisley
I recently finished the Hunger Games series and I am so thrilled when I see my students with a copy on their desk. I love how you can escape to different worlds when you dive into a book and I love sharing that love for reading with my students. I also enjoy reading books to help myself improve as a teacher. Currently, I am reading "No More Molasses Classes" by Ron Clark. He is an inspiration and I love integrating his ideas.

I am very excited to be in this class and become more familiar and aware of the wonderful children's literature that is out there to use in the classroom as well as for our student's to enjoy.  

-Haley




 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Ron Clark had a new book out - thanks, Haley. My husband and I left Lindsey the year before football, so didn't get to meet your husband. I hope he is having great success.

    ReplyDelete